Easy Breezy Key Lime pie
Posted on November 27 2019
I love key lime pie, but over the years i have baked so many that end up taking too much like eggs. About 10 years ago I found this recipe and it's just incredible!! The pie is tart, sweet, creamy and SO easy to make. I always get tons of compliments on the flavor and the pie is GONE by the end of dessert.
First what do you need:
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (make your own for even more flavor by crushing graham crackers in the food processor)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Combine graham cracker and sugar. Melt butter and stir into the mix slowly to evenly coat. Once its mixed, press into a 9-inch pie dish. Bake for 7 minutes. Let it cool 100% before adding your pie filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large non-metal bowl, empty every last bit of condensed milk. Mix the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and zest, if you like that extra pop of flavor, and the sour cream. Stir by hand until well mixed.
- Pour the pie filling mixture into the graham cracker crust and bake for about 10 minutes. Keep a close eye you do NOT want to brown the top.
- Let the pie cool completely, and then place in the fridge. Pies like this can absorb flavors of other foods so be sure to cover your pie!!
Add whipped cream and sliced lime for garnish and enjoy!