my 10 tips for a happy marriage!
Posted on August 05 2020
This picture was taken 4 years ago today.
I was 36. Butch was 43.
We we celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had no idea now much our lives would change.
We would change our business, I would go to nyc for 8 weeks, a pandemic would strike! Who knew the madness that awaited.
Today we celebrate 14 years of marriage and 21 years of togetherness. It hasn’t been easy. But it’s been tremendous. We’ve survived sickness, depression, death of pets and loved ones. We’ve created 3 children, we’ve had beautiful dogs, bought a home and taken amazing vacations to awesome locations. We’ve screamed on roller coasters and cried at the movies.
We’ve had an epic love story. One that has made my adult life amazing.
So I thought I’d share some of my tips for blissful commitment 😂
1. Time apart is not a bad thing. Butch snores and we’ve never shared a bedroom! That means when we are together it’s by choice, not default. He has his life. I have mine. It’s good.
2. It’s ok to fight and forget about it. No sorries. No grudges. Just let it go. Sometime people just burst. It’s not meant to be mean or intentional. It’s just a speed bump. Let it roll on by.
3. Go on adventures. I know we are locked down right now but when we aren’t. Adventuring and seeing new things for the first time together is amazing.
4. Cuddle whenever you can.
5. Dream together. Even if they never come to pass. It’s fun to imagine what could be.
6. Hold hands
7. Don’t take things too seriously. Marriage is friendship first. Laugh before you fight.
8. Tell the truth. always. Lies destroy relationships faster than any mistake. Mistakes you can survive. Lies not so much.
9. Spend time with other people together.
10. It’s ok to be wrong. It’s not the end of the world. Just the end of the conversation
I’m so lucky to be married to this guy!
What are some of your tips for healthy relationships?